1. When do I apply?
An advertisement will be placed in the leading newspapers on December 31, 2017. Students can apply through an online application form. Those who are unable to fill-up the online application form can download the application form from our website and send it back by February 1, 2018 to the 'Director, the IBA Sindh Talent Hunt Program', IBA Main Campus, Karachi
2. What is the duration of the Orientation Program?
The Duration of the Orientation Program is two months from May end to July 2018
3. Who can Apply?
Following students are eligible to apply in the STHP Program 2018:
|Students who have secured 70 % or above marks in matric examinations conducted by the Board of Secondary Education of Sindh/FBISE* in the year 2017 and will be appearing for HSSC Level-I examinations in the year 2018 and have domiciles of Sindh.|
|HSSC LEVEL - I:|
|Students who have secured 70 % or above marks in HSSC-I examinations conducted by the Board of Secondary & intermediate Education of Sindh/FBISE* in the year 2017 and will be appearing for HSSC Level-II examinations in the year 2018 have domiciles of Sindh.|
|HSSC LEVEL - II:|
|Students who have secured 70 % or above marks in HSSC-II examinations conducted by the Board of Secondary Education & Intermediate Education of Sindh/FBISE* in the year 2017 have domiciles of Sindh.|
*FBISE Students must study in the school/college situated in Sindh and having domicile of Sindh4 - How to Apply
Online Method (Preferable and strongly suggested method)
Students who meet the above mentioned criteria are eligible to apply in the Sindh Talent Hunt Program by filling the Online Application form available on our website i.e. http://talenthunt.iba.edu.pk
5. What documents are required to apply for the Sindh Talent Hunt Program 2018?
The following documents are supposed to attach with the application form:
* Note: An income certificate is the document that shows monthly/annual income. If your parents/guardian is salaried, an original copy of a pay slip should be attached, otherwise if your parents/guardian owns a business they should submit Bank Statement for the last six months. If parents/guardian does not fall in either of the above two categories (that is salaried employee or business man) they should submit an undertaking on a stamp paper/affidavit (of Rs.100) stating their income and with relevant details.
6. Is Sindh Talent Hunt Program a Scholarship Program?
Those selected on merit and offered admission into BBA, BS (Accounting & Finance), BS (Social Sciences & Liberal Arts), BS (Computer Sciences) and BS (Economics & Mathematics) degree programs will be considered for up to 100 % scholarship for the four-year degree program on the on the basis of ‘Need-cum-Merit’ on the recommendation of IBA-Financial Aid Committee with the support of Sindh Endowment Fund scholarship- GoS.
7. Who can apply for this Sindh Talent Hunt Program 2018?
Only those students who can establish their eligibility as above mentioned criteria & genuinely deserving candidates.
8. I belong to rural area of my province, am I eligible?
Preference will be given to students from the rural areas of Sindh are also eligible to apply in the Sindh Talent Hunt Program - 2018
10. What is the procedure of selection?- Selection Process
11. By when will the Interviews be scheduled?
Students who clear the Assessment Test are contacted and informed about the time, date and venue of the Panel Interview.
12. Can students of General Science group apply in the Sindh Talent Hunt Program 2018?
Yes. Students of all discipline can apply for the STHP Program 2018. However, when applying for the IBA's entrance test, discipline matter. In IBA, there are six main disciplines BBA, BBA Entrepreneurship, BS(AF), BS(EM), BS(CS) and BS(SSLA). For BBA, BBA(Entrepreneurship), BS(Accounting & Finance), BS(Social Sciences & Liberal Arts) program, students belonging to any group may apply but for BS(Computer Science) and BS(Economics & Mathematics) programs only students associated with Pre-Engineering or General Science (Mathematics) group can apply for the entrance test. For more details, refer the 'Program Announcement 2016-17' and visit the Admission Policies & Procedure Policies (page no. 47)
13. Which subjects should I study to be able to get through the Assessment test of STHP Program 2018?
You should mainly focus on matric and HSSC-I level Mathematics and English to appear in the assessment test if shortlisted. The test pattern will be based on MCQ's
14. Which books should I prefer for the entrance test of IBA?
You can study SAT – I (For BBA Entrance Test) or SAT – II (For BS Entrance test). Refer the following books
15. Will there be a separate IBA entrance test for STHP Program students?
No, students of STHP Program will give test with other applicants who come from all over Pakistan. It is a purely a merit-cum-need based program and there are no seats on Quota basis.
16. What is the criterion of short listing students for the STHP Program?
All of the applicants of the STHP Program are short listed on the merit-cum-need basis.
17. What subjects would be taught in STHP Program?
We give training to the selected students in the following subjects which is based on two month:
18. In which campus of IBA, The STHP Orientation classes would be held?
The Classes will be held at the IBA Main Campus from May end to July 2018.
19. Who will fund the STHP Program?
IBA Sindh Talent Hunt Program is a joint venture between IBA Karachi & Community Development Program, Planning and Development Board, Government of Sindh with the objective to select and prepare the deserving students belonging from Sindh province for the IBA aptitude test 2018. For donor's list please refer the link: http://STHP.iba.edu.pk/donors.php
20. I have been selected and attended training last year i.e. 2017 after my HSSC Level-I examination but could not secured admission in IBA after appearing in the BBA/BS tests, Can I apply again for this year i.e. for Batch 2018 on the basis of HSSC Level-II examination?
Those who have been selected and attended the training program last year i.e. in 2017 but couldn't secured admission into IBA for the BBA/BS program will not be provided same opportunity of training and scholarship again in 2018. However, we suggest candidate may appear for the IBA aptitude Test as a regular candidate and apply for financial aid scholarship as per IBA rules and procedure.